You spoke. We listened.
The Veterans of the Darkfall franchise are some of the most loyal followers of any MMORPG that we have ever seen, and for good reason. So loyal, that a good handful of them decided to revive the hidden gem that is Darkfall. We are Big Picture Games, and we are illuminating the grand potential that the Darkfall franchise always had, but was never given the chance to shine.
The original Darkfall: Online boasted large-scale warfare in a persistent, open world, but the population of Agon quickly dwindled. The New Player Experience (NPE) is a broad term that we use to describe how we will make Darkfall: Rise of Agon more intuitive for new players. We have implemented a tutorial, task system, more engaging PvE, a refined UI, EasyAntiCheat to deter hackers, and reduced the grind significantly.
We want there to be more for players to do in the world of Agon besides PvP. While we have already been revamping the PvE and crafting system of Rise of Agon, we are working on implementing roaming mobs, board games, a wilderness portal network, a bounty hunting system, and more. We are dedicated to creating a living, breathing world where your possibilities are endless, and where there is no end-game boredom.
We want the gameplay of Darkfall: Rise of Agon to be as smooth as possible. This is why we have completely revamped the UI and updated the hotbar with our own macro system. We want to give new players just as much of an opportunity to compete with the veterans, which is why it was necessary to remove the need for third-party macros.
A major reason why new players quit so quickly is because they never had the chance to see the best parts of Darkfall. Getting out into the grueling world of Agon is difficult when bloodthirsty veterans are hunting down the newer players. Our Wilderness Portal Network is designed to make traveling around Agon easier, so that new players can discover the best aspects of Darkfall: Rise of Agon and keep playing the game.
- Overhaul of many crafting professions and new items
- The ability to drop items on the ground
- Clicking and holding mouse allows you to attack continuously
- Gearing up and down made less tedious
- New smart dragging and organizing options
- New dynamically spawning mechanics and items
- Player kills reward you with their head as an item
- Nithron Coin Shop where you can buy in-game services or aesthetics
- Deployable Vendors are currently in the works
- Craftable scroll and skill book system to eliminate macroing
- Single-alignment system
- Protection for blues in NPC areas to avoid unintentional damage
- Territory control of alignment
- New mount sprinting mechanic
- New racial skills and rebalancing
- New Dungeon Quests for Meditation point rewards
- Gathering rates increased to discourage AFK harvesting
- Control Towers tied to territory control are on their way